Your Second Brain
You might be eating 'right' and pooping everyday but still feel stuck in your fat loss journey. Have you ever stopped to focus on gut health? Why is this so important..
You gut isn't just a highway that transports food from one hole to the next. It's a complex system. In todays day in age we have become accustomed to eating on the go or not eating at all and living high stress lifestyles. This causes damage to your gut and your ability to produce good gut bacteria.
Your gut bacteria plays a huge role in how well you function. From your ability to focus, sleep to feeling happy during the day. Good gut bacteria sends signals to your brain to produce neurotransmitters.
Neurotransmitters are often referred to as the body’s chemical messengers, similar to hormones. They are brain chemicals made by gut bacteria and shipped to the brain.
Hormones are chemical messengers that are transported through the blood stream.
The 4 main brain neurotransmitters we talk about are:
- DOPAMINE - Is responsible for driving motivation
- ACETYLCHOLINE - Is responsible for focus & memory
- GABA - Is responsible for calming the mind and allowing you to fall asleep easily
- SEROTONIN - Is responsible for making you feel happy
If gut bacteria doesn't have a good environment to live in or produce neurotransmitters then these are some issues you may see or experience:
- Lack of passion, motivation, drive, focus
- Low libido
- Mental or physical fatigue
- Sugar or carb cravings, nighttime snacking
- Forgetfulness or difficulty remembering things
- Trouble falling asleep, insomnia
- Depression & anxiety
Ensuring your gut health is optimal is essential for great health. This is why we created our 6 Week Gut Repair Program. If your gut isn't right, everything else will be off. Whether you care about fat loss, hair, your mood. You should care about your gut health. If you feel like you are lacking in one of the areas above, make a change today with your gut health and get started with our 6 Week Gut Repair Program.