Sweet Potato & Asparagus Frittata Recipe
Hosting family or friends can get hectic. Especially when you need to cook and feed a large group of people. Give this Breakfast Sweet Potato & Asparagus Frittata a try next time you need to make a big batch of breakfast for everyone!
- 1 1/2 tablespoons avocado oil (divided)
- 2 medium sweet potato, cubed (about 1/2-1 inch pieces) (3 1/2 cups/430 grams)
- 2 cups roughly chopped asparagus (200 grams)
- 1 14-ounce can quartered artichokes hearts, drained
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 12 large organic eggs
- 3 ounces goat cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- optional garnishes: avocado, fresh cilantro, hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a large enameled cast iron, cast iron, or oven-safe pan over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon oil and let it get hot, about 30 seconds. Add sweet potatoes with some salt and pepper and cook for 12-15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add remaining avocado oil and add asparagus, garlic powder, cumin, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Sauté for 6-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, until asparagus is al dente. Add artichoke hearts to cast iron and stir to incorporate.
- While the asparagus cooks, whisk the eggs with 2/3 of the goat cheese and salt and pepper in a large bowl. Add egg mixture to the pan, making sure it distributes evenly. Sprinkle with remaining goat cheese.
- Let cook for 2-3 minutes until bottom sets. Place in oven and cook for 20-25 minutes until eggs are firm. Cut into 6 pieces and serve with avocado, cilantro, and/or hot sauce if desired. Enjoy!