Poor Gut Health & Depression
You may not connect the two but depression is paired with your gut health.
Approximately 350 million people suffer with depression.
Gut bacteria is responsible for multiple functions such as bowel movements, digestion & your ability to absorption of nutrients.
Healthy gut bacteria signals neurotransmitters. Serotonin is a chemical messenger or neurotransmitter that helps regulate mood and promotes feelings of happiness. Low serotonin levels are linked to depression. Your gut microbiome influences the level of serotonin you produce.
Poor gut microbiome can be caused by:
- Poor food rotation. Always eating the same 10 things without change.
- Eating inflammatory or processed foods.
- Poor sleep quality. Being a night owl, worrying at night, unable to fall asleep.
- Living a high stress lifestyle.
- Nutrient deficiencies.
- An overgrowth of yeast, fungus or parasites
By working on and improving your gut health you can eliminate your chances of becoming depressed or even lessening your current symptoms. Get started today with our 6 week self guided Gut Repair Program.