Dairy & Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
Gluten & Dairy Free Pumpkin Pie Bars
The filling is a classic pumpkin pie filling without the dairy. Coconut milk adds a nice touch where you’d normally find cream or sweetened condensed milk. We ditch the gluten crust in favour of a delicious walnut, date and gluten free oat crust. You'll need some self control once these are made so you don't end up eating the entire batch at once. Make these Pumpkin Pie Bars this Thanksgiving for a lovely treat. They are healthy and delicious!
WHAT YOU NEED!
For The Crust
- 2 1/3 cups Walnuts
- 2 cups Pitted Dates (soaked if they are hard/not moist)
- 1/4 cup Maple Syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Gluten Free Rolled Oats
For The Filling
- 1 (15 ounce) Can of Pumpkin
- 1 (15 ounce) Can of Coconut Milk (both lite and full-fat work)
- 1/2 cup Organic Cane Sugar
- 2 Organic Eggs
- 1 tablespoon Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1/4 teaspoon Salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- First, prepare the crust. In a food processor, process the walnuts, dates, maple syrup, and vanilla until the walnuts and dates are well broken down and you have a sticky mixture. Add the gluten free rolled oats and pulse until they are incorporated.
- Lightly grease a 13 x 9 inch baking dish and then press the mixture into the bottom. Use your fingers to make sure the pan crust is evenly distributed.
- Next, prepare the filling. In a medium bowl, mix together the pumpkin, coconut milk, cane sugar, eggs, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix very well. Pour the mixture over the crust. Alternatively, I like to rinse out the food processor and mix the filling right in the food processor.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the filling is set, about 40-50 minutes. Allow to cool fully at room temperature before cutting into bars and serving. Enjoy!