Coconut Flour Pancakes
These soft and fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes are quick and easy to put together! Enjoy a healthier version of your favourite breakfast food this weekend!
Coconut flour is a flour made from dried coconut meat. It is low in carbs, high in fibre and a good source of protein. This means it's a perfect grain free flour substitute.
This is just one of the amazing recipes in our 6 Week Gut Repair Program.
What you need:
1 1⁄4 cup Gluten-Free Flour
1⁄3 cup Coconut Flour
3 tsp Organic Baking Powder
1⁄2 tsp Organic Baking Soda
1⁄4 tsp Pink Sea Salt
1 1⁄2 cup Almond / Coconut Milk
1⁄4 cup Organic Apple Sauce
2 tbsp Almond Butter
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
2 tbsp Maple Syrup
1 tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- Add all wet ingredients to a mixing bowl and whisk together.
- Add in the dry ingredients, making sure to spoon and level the flour into the dry measuring cup.
- Whisk together until a smooth batter forms. Batters should be pretty thick, and will continue to thicken as they sit. If you notice them getting too thick, just add 1-2 tablespoons of milk as needed. They do cook more easily when thick, so don't thin it out too much.
- Heat a large pan over medium/low heat and grease lightly with coconut oil.
- Use about 1/4 cup worth of batter and add to the pan once warm. Spread it around slightly with the back of a spoon to form an even circle. Cook for about 1-2 minutes, then flip and cook an additional 1-2 minutes. These pancakes take slightly longer to cook then traditional ones.
- Recipe makes 6 pancakes but you can also prepare a big batch, then simply reheat and have pancakes ready for breakfast the entire week!