Candied Pecans - A Tasty On The Go Weekend Snack
Here's another snack recipe taken from our Holiday Survival Recipe Guide. We understand the holiday season can get hectic. Running from store to store picking up all the gifts. Hosting family and friends. It all requires energy. Make ahead snack are great on the go and can be good to have around while hosting. Make sure you're eating well this holiday season and plan ahead.
- 1 lb Pecans Halves
- 1 large Egg White
- 1 tbsp Water
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Maple Sugar
- 1/2 tsp fine Sea Salt
- 1 tsp (each) Ground Cinnamon & Pumpkin Pie Spice or Apple Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 250° F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, use a whisk or an electric hand mixer to beat the egg white with the water and vanilla until the mixture is white and frothy.
- In a separate small mixing bowl, whisk together maple sugar, cinnamon and salt.
- Add pecans to egg white mixture and toss until evenly coated.
- Pour the sugar mixture over pecans and toss until evenly coated. Arrange the coated pecans onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour, stirring once midway through and then spreading out again before continuing to bake. Allow the pecans to cool completely before serving. Store them in an airtight container on the countertop.