5 Reasons Why Smoothies Are Great + A Pina Colada Smoothie Recipe
Smoothies are a great on the go meal.
Whether you're rushing out of the house in the morning and don't have time to eat. Need a quick snack/meal on the go or sitting at your child's soccer game. Smoothies can be the perfect boost of nutrients you need to get you through the next few hours before you can eat a solid meal.
The are packed with nutrients, healthy fats, fibre and protein. And only take 5 minutes to prepare!
5 Reasons Why Smoothies Are Great For You:
- Easy way to increase your fruit and veggie consumption
- Increases your fibre intake which is great for digestion
- Quick & easy meal replacement
- Can reduce food cravings
- It's a nutritionally balanced meal. Contains healthy fats, protein and carbs. Plus all the vitamins and minerals from everything you add in.
If you're getting sick of the usual blueberries, spinach and chia seed smoothie, give this Pina Colada Smoothie a try. It's a refreshing smoothie perfect for summer.
Pina Colada Smoothie
1 cup Fresh Pineapple, chunks
2 tbsp Coconut Flakes
1⁄2 cup Coconut Milk
1⁄2 cup Water
1 tbsp Lime Juice
1 tsp Honey
1⁄4 cup Ice Cubes
1 Scoop Bone Broth Protein
- In a blender, combine all ingredients and blend until smooth.
- 2. Serve immediately.